Monday, May 11, 2009

CHANGES....


Wow! So it has been a while since I posted and there have been a lot of changes in my life! As you all know, I had been applying to grad school. Well, things happened...money issues...time sensitive situations...and going to grad school this year just did not work out. Needless to say, this did not do much for my mood. School was the one thing that I had been looking forward to. It was kind of the light at the end of the tunnel for me, so when I realized it was not going to happen I became depressed. It seemed like things just kept getting worse!

Finally, I got a ray of sunshine....I got a job! After months and months and months of searching, I finally got hired...making slightly more than minimum wage! I must admit that it is a bit humbling to be a college graduate making minimum wage, but it is certainly better than nothing! I guess I can't complain.

So there's more! Around the time that I got the job,
I decided to go to massage therapy school! Literally, it JUST happened! I came across this article about jobs that are actually prospering even in the recession and Massage Therapist just jumped out at me! I mean I couldn't get it out of my head! So, I started doing some research and requested some info from a few different schools. Within 2 days I had gotten an email from a school in Dallas requesting that I join them for an open house the very next day and they would waive the $75 application fee for attending (great..cause I'm broke)! So, I went and was completely impressed with the campus and the teachers and the people. I applied that night and in the next 2 days I found out that my tuition and fees would pretty much be completely covered! Great!!!

And then the ball dropped! It turns out that the financial aid package I had expected to get was not set in stone. So, when I got my official financial aid award letter it was minus the grant I was told I was getting. I found out that since I already had a Bachelors degree that I was not eligible for the grant :-( . Unfortunately, that meant that I was short a considerable amount and could not afford to go. As you can imagine, I was quite disappointed. I decided, though, that I would not let it get me down. I would just work and save up as much as I could to be able to attend the class starting in September. Considering how little I am making, I am not sure that it will happen..but I'm gonna try.

The job is going pretty good though! I have a front desk position at a very well known gym and I'm really excited about that because I am a person who is very influenced by her surroundings. I have found that being in an environment that is health conscious has caused me to pay more attention to how I treat my body and I have been making much better choices lately. Plus, I have a free membership so now I have absolutely no excuse not to work out! Not one! Having this job has also led me to start researching health and healthy eating etc and I have come across many exciting blogs that have inspired me! So much so that I have decided that I want to share this news with you all. So, the next few posts will be reviews of blogs that I have really come to love to read. Most are health related, some are beauty related...but its all related! So, stay tuned!


Glitter Text Generator


After being on a roller coaster of emotional highs and lows for the past few months, I am grateful today, to just be on a more even keel. I'm gonna make it...and you will too!




4 comments:

  1. Very happy for you! Everything will work out for you, have faith. Thanks for checking out my blog. Also, one of my favorite "health" related blogs is:

    http://kimberlysnyder.net/

    She inspires me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I guess great minds think alike! I LOVE her! Kim's blog is actually going to be the first health blog that I write about...she kinda inspired the whole idea for the series! Thanks again for the encouragement! I believe that you get out of life what you put into it...and you dear are putting in a whole lot of positivity! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so glad for you sweetie. focus on the positive. it will get you through any situation. Hugs, DE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks DE! And congratulations on your side gig! Your absolutely right...learning new things will create opportunities for you! I am continuously learning new things from you and few other select bloggers, and for that I thank you!

    ReplyDelete