Wednesday, February 25, 2009

EUREKA!!!


Ladies and gentleman, we are in a full blown RECESSION! I know what your thinking...DUH!!! It's not as if I did not know...it's not as if I haven't been directly affected by the recession for months now! Still somehow that word...RECESSION...has just sunk in. It's not just me! I am not the only one going through this! It is everywhere! Millions of people are losing their jobs and their homes. Millions of educated people can't find a job to save their lives. We are all in the same boat! Here I was thinking "Why ME?!" As if the world was attacking me personally. As if I had done something to create this mess. But, it's not just me...its everyone! Knowing that it's not just me has freed my mind up to accept the possibility that I am not just some idiot that can't find a job. I am smart! I am capable! I am talented! AND I am DESERVING! It won't always be this way...and for that I am thankful!

A few days ago my Facebook status read, "Melanie doesn't understand why this is happening to her. What is the purpose! Why ME!!!" I was feeling sorry for myself after a particularly dreadful occurrence that I don't wish to relive (although it still needs to be handled). Friends of mine were quick to give me support and encouraging words. But what I was not prepared for was the outpouring of well wishes from people that I've never even met! Now I know that I am not the only person that has people on their friends list that they have never met! C'mon...don't lie! Most of them are Sisters in my sorority from other states that I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet. Other's are people that requested to be my friend who are friends of a friend. Still, other's are people that I have no other connection to outside of Facebook. So, I was somewhat shocked to find that I had two emails from virtual strangers who reached out to me in kindness. Two people whom I have never met, were willing to lend an ear and offer kind words of encouragement! It suddenly clicked...I am not alone in this!!!

Golden Nugget: Today I am sooo grateful for eureka moments and for friends...known and unknown!

No comments:

Post a Comment