Wednesday, January 21, 2009

At Laaaaast!!!!!


Hey everyone! I'm still reeling over the events from yesterday! I woke up this morning thinking "Oh my gosh! Barack Obama is my President!" I love it! To be alive to witness that moment was and is thrilling! I'm sure you all share my sentiments...I mean how could you not be moved? I have to say we have a GORGEOUS first family! And the first dance between President and First Lady Obama last night was breathtaking!



Ok, what did you all think of Michelle's dress? I thought it was gorgeous! And Bey did that! Yes she did! I wish I could have been there to see it in person, but I FELT it through the t.v. screen! Yes, it was a long long road to a day that I will remember for the rest of my life!

So, in the spirit of change, I have decided to heed President Obama's plea to us to be of service to others! A good friend of mine told me that it wasn't until she started volunteering that things started turning around in her life. I think it was mostly because through service, her attitude changed and she was given a new perspective. Being of service to others served to shed a new light on her own circumstances. Wow! And just recently another of my best friends told me that she had just started volunteering...and I've never seen her happier! So, I'm gonna do it! I haven't decided what I'm gonna do yet, but I will keep you posted! And if any of you have any ideas, please fill free to comment!

Golden Nugget: Today I am thankful for a renewed sense of responsibility to others' and to myself!

2 comments:

  1. Yes this was defintely an Historic and Emotional time for the USA. I think I had the ugly cry going on most of the day. I got up at 6:30 just to see the whole day. Great website Mel! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun! I too had the ugly cry, but it's all good! I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete