Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Details, Details, Details!!!

I'm freaking out a little bit! I have been working on graduate school applications for the past month and half or so and now the first one is due in 5 days. I have completed the form for basic information, written and re-written my personal statement and today I dropped my transcripts in the mail. The only thing left are these minor (but necessary) annoying details. You see, I can't afford to go to grad school on my own so I have to apply for financial aid. The deal is for this particular school the Free Application for Federal Student Aid is due on February 1st as well. Ok fine, except that I have to do my taxes before completing my FAFSA and I haven't gotten all of my W-2's!!! I mean come on!!! How long does it take to send your W-2's?

As if that was not enough, I have to have recommendations from at least two people and the wonderful people who have agreed to write them for me, have yet to do so. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to these individuals for agreeing to help me out and I realize that they are terribly busy...its just that I'm starting to get a little nervous. You see, this first school happens to be my first choice and I want everything to be perfect! I NEED everything to go off without a hitch. So I sent a friendly reminder to my recommenders, being careful not to sound pushy but letting them know that time is a tickin'! Anyway that is me right now...worrying about things that indeed I have no control over. I have done what I can...now all I can do is wait.

Golden Nugget: Today I am grateful to the people who think enough of me to write a recommendation for me...and I'm grateful to the brave US postal workers that went out in this treacherous ice storm to deliver the one W-2 that just got handed to me at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment