Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm NOT Your SUPERWOMAN!!!!

Life is not fair. I have never felt that more than this past year. It seems that if you are a good person that things should go your way, but that is not always the case. Now I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, good and bad. I am also keenly aware (as people keep reminding me lately) that I am not the only one going through hard times. But how is it that some people are able to handle it better than others?

Seriously, it seems that I am constantly being bombarded with these examples of women who seem to have it all together. They are flawless almost effortlessly. They seem to be leading charmed lives. Of course, I know it can't be all roses but how is it that they can still get up and live (what seems like) these phenomenal lives even as their lives are falling spectacularly to pieces? I mean come on! Why is it that I am reduced to tears, barely able to pull myself out of bed in the morning, and yet these SUPERWOMEN can get it all done in SPITE of their trials? ITS NOT FAIR! But we've established that already haven't we?

Well I've always worn my heart on my sleeve. If I'm upset, you know it. And, it isn't pretty! This has proven to be a good and bad thing (although lately more bad than good). Really I just want to be one of those 'I have it all together' chicks that seem to be following and mocking me! So here it is...my golden nugget: I am grateful that I have so many wonderful examples of SUPERWOMEN to aspire to be. I just might get there someday.

4 comments:

  1. Hel Mel...I commend you on your electronic journal of recording your thankfulness and gratefulness via blogging. I encourage you to keep it going and use it as a vehicle to be of growth to you and others that read it. No woman is born a superwoman, yet is inspired by others and with the grace of God given opportunities to soar....May you soar like an eagle!!!!!!

    Much Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun! You are definitely one of my greatest examples of a SUPERWOMAN! Thanks always for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I question sometimes the concept of Superwomen. I don't think that they're "super" at all. They're really just ordinary women who do a better job at holding it all in than others. The "flaw in the plan" is that, when you are deemed a superwoman, people will sometimes have the wrong reaction when you DO have an emotional moment. It's like "why are you falling apart? I wouldn't expect this from you." Hence on the other end, Superwomen have to worry about breaking composure.

    Applying this to what you've written... be proud and encouraged that you are not ashamed to let it out when things go wrong in your life. As it turns out, while you may not see yourself as a Superwoman, you may very well be in the words of Jill Scott, beautifully human in spite of your circumstances. And that's not too bad either lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TheBrotherMan: i never really thought about it like that...as a woman it is kinda hard to not compare yourself to other women sometimes. It's great to have the male perspective, so thank you! Beautifully human? I'll take that! :-)

    ReplyDelete