Friday, January 23, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock....


Well, still feeling kinda blah! I have no appetite and my stomach is churning. My mother asked me today if I was pregnant!! "NO MOM!!!" was my response. So, I am not with child, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to be someday. Which brings me to today's post....when is it going to happen for me?

I mean I want to be married and have kids someday and I'm not getting any younger! I know, I know...your thinking "your only 26!" But I am 26 and counting and it seems that every time I turn around somebody I know is getting engaged, married or having a baby! And the kicker is, most of them are younger than me! Meanwhile, I don't even have a boyfriend! Which means that I don't even have the prospect!

I had put myself on this time line when I was younger: I wanted to have my first child by the time I was 30, but I wanted to be married for at least 1.5 to 2 years before the first child (you know to enjoy my husband) which meant that I needed to be married by the time I was 28. Well, you can't plan the kind of wedding I want in less than a year, which means that I need to be engaged by 27....and I am now 26!!!!!! 26 people!!! Which, of course, means that I need to have been in a serious relationship YESTERDAY! Now there is someone special in my life right now...but we're not there yet. He's scared...I'm scared...and my time line has officially gone out the window!

Well, perhaps that is not such a bad thing. I heard somewhere that the best way to make God laugh is to tell Him of your plans. This has to be true because my life has turned out nothing at all like I thought it would. Even so, I have had some good times, met some amazing people, fallen in love twice, and made some life long friends. So, I think what I've learned is to just let go and let God! Which, if you know me, is way easier said than done....but I'm working on it!

Golden Nugget: Today I am thankful for all those wonderful things in my life that were not planned, but shaped who I am and for all the possibilities of tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment