Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome Mr. President!!!


I am filled with pride today! I am bursting at the seams at the mere thought that today was even possible. Today, America saw true change...and oh how sweet it is! I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it! I can remember my African American father telling me as a young girl that I could do or be anything I wanted to be...that I could even be the President! Now I'm only 26 years old, but even back then the notion of an African American becoming the President of the United States of America was unfathomable. Yet today, this great country saw fit to see past the color lines and welcome, what can only be described as the most charismatic, cool, calm and collected President this country has ever seen! I am moved....more than I can express in words! I am inspired....more than I have been in a very long time! I am hopeful.....incredibly hopeful for our future!

President Obama (aahhh that sounds nice!) gave his inaugural speech today and ignited a fire in me! I am pumped! I am ready for the future and for prosperity! What did you think?

Part 1



Part 2



This past year, my brother and I had the opportunity to help with the campaign for change in a swing state. So, we packed up and left on a bus with 31 other people to New Mexico where we would canvass by foot door to door. For five days we knocked on doors, passed out fliers, and drove people to the polls in an effort to win NM for Obama...and we did! Not even blisters on our feet or getting chased by pit bulls would deter us. These 31 people of all different races, ages, genders, religions and orientations joined together for one common goal and affected change in New Mexico! It was one of the best experiences of my life! Here are a few pics from this great adventure:



Golden Nugget: Today I am thankful to be an American....I am thankful to have been able to play a small part in the change that is to come! (Continued prayers go out to Teddy Kennedy).

No comments:

Post a Comment